Whether you are a career-changer with a passion for teaching or a current teacher seeking to meet Florida State certification requirements, FGCU’s Teacher Immersion Program offers a unique and effective way for you to meet your professional goals.
Advantages of a state-approved Educator Preparation Institute
- Upon completion of the TIP program, you will be qualified to receive a 5-year Professional Educator’s Certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
- Certification through a state-approved program means greater portability relative to other certification routes, and certification is recognized by states which have teacher certification reciprocity with Florida.
- TIP completers will find their skills more marketable in a competitive job market.
- FLDOE Statute requires EPI programs such as TIP to include a Reading Endorsement for students within the following subject areas: Elementary Education K-6, Prekindergarten/Primary Education Age 3-GR3, English 5-9, English 6-12, English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) K-12, Reading K-12.
The TIP Internship
- TIP allows candidates who may have limited or no teaching experience to spend time in a real K-12 classroom, developing lesson plans, working with students and assuming actual classroom responsibilities.
- TIP provides opportunity to work with a highly-qualified internship supervisor and a cooperating teacher in a local school district.
- TIP provides an excellent way for beginning teachers to make contacts in the local schools.
Teacher Immersion Program at FGCU