Degree Works

A web-based advising and degree-planning tool available through Gulfline, Degree Works assists students, advisors and designated faculty and staff in monitoring students' progress.

Degree Works organizes a student’s course work in an easy to read report (degree audit) summarizing completed and missing requirements for a degree, as defined in the Florida Gulf Coast University catalog.

Who can use Degree Works?

  • All undergraduate students who entered in the fall of 2009 or later
  • Graduate students in the College of Education and Lutgert College of Business who entered in the fall of 2009 or later

If a student’s catalog term is prior to fall 2009, a message will appear indicating a What-If degree audit should be run in Degree Works.

The Degree Works audit is UNOFFICIAL and does not take the place of regular academic advising. Students should discuss their progress toward degree completion with their advisor after reviewing their degree audit.
Students and advisors can use this system to track progress toward a degree or perform a “What-If” analysis prior to a student declaring a major or making a change to a major, minor and/or concentration offered at FGCU.  Advisors can also use this system to create a semester by semester plan to graduation for a student.

Instructions for Students

Degree Works is a web-based advising and degree-planning tool accessible through the student Gulfline portal. It organizes a student's course work in an easy to read degree audit summarizing completed and outstanding requirements for a degree, as defined in the FGCU catalog.

Key Features:
  • Track progress toward graduation
  • Prepare for a meeting with your advisor
  • View courses, grades, and academic standing
  • Identify courses need to complete your degree
  • Plan your semester schedule
  • Calculate various GPA scenarios
  • Create What-If degree audits to explore changing majors
How to use Degree Works:

Instructions for Advisors, Faculty & Staff

FGCU employees who require access to Degree Works should contact their college or department administrator to have access requested.  Access is requested by a specific college or department designee through the Degree Works Access Request SharePoint site. 

All current advisors, faculty, and staff Degree Works users can access instructions and reference materials via the Audit Documents and SEP Documents on the SharePoint site.

For additional information regarding Degree Works access please contact Heather Diaz, Degree Works Specialist, at

See Frequently Asked Questions