Get Back on Track to a Degree!
A returning student is any former FGCU degree-seeking undergraduate who has not earned a degree, who has not been enrolled at FGCU in any of the last three terms and who wishes to re-enroll.
If you have not attended any other institution since you last attended FGCU, please follow these steps.
- Submit a FGCU Undergraduate Student Readmission Application at least one week prior to the start of your preferred entry term. A new application fee is not required.
- Students in good academic standing who are reapplying to limited-access programs are not guaranteed readmission to that program.
- To be quickly readmitted, a student must be in good standing and have a 2.0 GPA. Former FGCU students not in good standing and wishing to return should refer to the 'Academic Reinstatement’ portion of the Records & Registration section of the current catalog for an additional step.
- The foreign language requirement must be met. If you have not already done so, you should submit an official high school or college transcript to demonstrate this requirement has been met.
- Residency documentation will need to be updated if you wish to be considered for Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes.
Submit all documentation to:
Florida Gulf Coast University
Department of Records & Registration
10501 FGCU Blvd. S.
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
Eligible for academic amnesty?
A readmitted undergraduate student who has not attended FGCU for at least three years may apply to the Academic Standards Committee for academic amnesty. Specific details on the policy for amnesty, how to apply, and the conditions under which amnesty may be granted are published in the University Catalog by the Department of Records & Registration.
If you have accumulated transfer credits and/or credential changes since you last left FGCU, please go to Undergraduate Transfer Admissions for re-admission.