Destination FGCU: Florida SouthWestern State College
Together, FGCU and Florida SouthWestern State College want to help make your goals a reality.
An AA degree from FSW serves as the first two years of your Bachelor’s degree. While earning your Associate in Arts degree (AA) take advantage of the personalized guidance to ensure your transfer is seamless.
Early planning and being prepared are essential to making the Florida SouthWestern State College/FGCU Qualifying Program work its best for you. An AA Degree at Florida SouthWestern State College = Guaranteed Admission into a Bachelor’s program* at Florida Gulf Coast University .
The FGCU Transfer Admissions Counselors can provide curriculum guides to help you select the correct pre-requisite classes to make a successful transfer, and provide overall guidance as you prepare to transfer to Florida Gulf Coast University. The transfer pathways and guides (linked below) have been created to support your entry to upper-level coursework into your sought FGCU major, by identifying general education and prerequisite courses you could be completing while earning an AA degree.
Tell us more about you to begin accessing Destination FGCU program benefits. After indicating your interest, the FGCU Transfer Admissions Team will begin personally reaching out to connect with you.
- Guaranteed admission to FGCU with an FSW Associate in Arts degree (AA)*
- FGCU application fee waiver provided to program participants prior to submission of admission application**
- Transfer scholarships available for students meeting GPA requirements that apply by the preferred application deadlines (Fall, April 1; Spring, Oct 1)
- Access to FGCU college advisors and the Career Development Center once students have completed 30 earned hours at FSW
- Invitations to major academic fairs at FGCU
- FSW/FGCU transfer days which include presentations and special tours
*Students applying to limited access majors and other majors with additional admission requirements will have to meet additional selection criteria.
**Application fees are non-refundable. For questions in regard to fee waivers please contact email@example.com.
Transfer Pathways & Guides by College
Begin coursework at FSW to support transferring to make progress towards your degree prior to transferring to FGCU. Be sure to take advantage of resources available: FGCU Transfer Admission Counselors, academic advising and career events, transfer equivalency tool, application fee waiver code, and virtual and in-person transfer-specific events.
Transfer to the Nest Events
Join the FGCU Transfer Admission Team virtually for monthly Transfer to the Nest events. At this event designed especially for Transfer students, you will be able to:
- Chat with Admissions representatives regarding the transfer process and credit articulation.
- Hear from Financial Aid experts who will explain the easiest ways to apply and receive aid and scholarships.
- Receive an application fee waiver code to submit your application for admission for FREE.
Early Advising Access
Start planning your transfer to FGCU! We welcome you to attend informational sessions that align with your academic interests and to schedule an individual appointment with our advisors on the first Friday of each month. Select the academic college/school that interests you.
Connect with the Transfer Admissions Team
Our guided transfer tours are specifically designed to showcase what we have to offer transfer students. Explore the main campus where your academic passions will come to life and North Lake Village, our apartment-style housing along the waterfront, and more. Schedule a campus tour
After indicating your interest, the FGCU Transfer Admissions Team will begin personally reaching out to connect with you. The Transfer Admissions Team is available to walk you through the FGCU admissions application and the enrollment process. Schedule time to connect virtually, by phone, or in-person online.