- Submission of a FGCU Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution documented by official transcripts.
- Applicants may apply for Fall or Spring admission. All of the courses are offered online. Applicable tuition and fees are required for all coursework.
- International graduate applicants are required to submit a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test), or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
Additional Graduation Requirements
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher must be achieved for credits applied toward the Local Government Management Certificate.
- A grade of "C" or higher is needed for each course applied toward the Local Government Management Certificate.
- Up to 15 credits earned by a student who has completed FGCU’s Local Government Management Certificate can be applied to the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree. A grade of “B” or higher is required in a course for its credits to apply to the M.P.A. degree.
- Required Courses (6 credits)
PAD 6227 Public Budgeting (3)
PAD 6417 Public Personnel Admin (3)
- Restricted Electives (9 credits)
Complete any three of the following courses:
PAD 5041 Administrative Ethics (3)
PAD 5142 Management of Non-profit Org (3)
PAD 5933 Proposal Writing & Grant Admin (3)
PAD 6136 Public Mgmnt in Political Env (3)
PAD 6205 Public Finance (3)
PAD 6335 Strategic Planning (3)
PAD 6434 Administrative Leadership (3)
PAD 6812 State & Local Politics & Admin (3)
PAD 6826 Intergovernmental Admin (3)
URP 5312 Growth Mgmt & Comp. Planning (3)
Total Semester Hours Required: 15 Hours