At FGCU, we're committed to ethical conduct and compliance on all levels.If you have questions or concerns about ethics or compliance, we're here to help. We provide training, monitoring and investigative activities to prevent, detect and resolve issues of non-compliance.
Report concerns anonymously through our Hotline
FGCU’s Hotline is an anonymous reporting mechanism that facilitates reporting of alleged illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. The Hotline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is administered by an independent, third-party provider. The Hotline provides a web-based reporting capability as well as a toll-free telephone-based service.
What is the FGCU Hotline?Toggle More Info
Who can submit a concern to the Hotline?Toggle More Info
When can I submit a concern to the Hotline?Toggle More Info
What kinds of concerns should I report?Toggle More Info
I’m not sure if what I observed is a violation of university policy or rises to the level of misconduct, but it doesn’t look right to me. What should I do?Toggle More Info
Why did FGCU implement the Hotline?Toggle More Info
Why can’t I just report observed violations to my supervisor or manager?Toggle More Info
Do the FGCU Board of Trustees, President and Cabinet encourage reporting?Toggle More Info
I am aware of misconduct on campus, but it does not affect me. Why should I report it?Toggle More Info
I am concerned that the information I provide will ultimately reveal my identity. How can you assure me that will not happen?Toggle More Info
Isn’t this system just an example of someone watching over me?Toggle More Info
What if I remember something important about the incident after I file a report? What if the University has further questions for me?Toggle More Info
What if I want to be identified with my report?Toggle More Info
What if I just want some advice and assistance from the University. Do I have to use the EthicsPoint Hotline?
Fortunately, FGCU has in place some excellent resources for its faculty, staff, and students. In addition to the EthicsPoint Hotline system to bring forward good-faith concerns of wrongdoing, you can always discuss a matter with:
- Your supervisor or manager;
- Precious Gunter, Director of Equity, Ethics, and Compliance, and Title IX Coordinator, for harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct allegations or for violations of University policy or regulation at (239) 745-4366 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Monique McKay, University Ombuds and Assistant to the President, for informal, impartial and non-adversarial alternatives concerning conflict management at (239) 590-1022 or email@example.com;
- Keenan Johns, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance, for NCAA compliance concerns at (239) 590-7573 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- James Casey, Interim Associate Vice President, Research Administration, for research misconduct concerns, at (239) 590-7021 or email@example.com;
- Chris Blakely, Assistant Vice President for Campus Life/Dean of Students, for academic integrity concerns, at (239) 590-7705 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Foster, Director of Internal Audit, for fraud, waste, and abuse allegations at (239) 590-1709 or email@example.com;
- Rhonda Holtzclaw, Director of Environmental Health and Safety, for environmental health and safety concerns at (239) 590-1037 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Ethics & Compliance Guiding Documents
For more information on ethics & compliance at FGCU, please visit our guiding documents.
Ethics & Compliance at FGCU is guided by external standards from a state and federal level.