The FGCU Emergency Management Department prepares the University by enhancing partnerships and coordinating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the University’s ability to mitigate, protect, and prevent against; respond to; and recover from natural, technological, and human-caused threats and hazards.
FGCU Emergency Managment is responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain the FGCU COOP Plans
- Develop, plan, and evaluate emergency exercises
- Emergency Operations Center Management
- Provide training for individuals that have emergency management roles and responsibilities
- Provide the university with preparedness information