Video Conferencing for the Classroom
Video conferencing tools are an effective way to engage with students and create social presence in online learning environments. The resources below include best practices for a variety of strategies including synchronous classes, virtual office hours, group presentations, collaborative small group work and much more! You do not need to be an expert to reap the benefits of video conferencing. The resources below have something for every experience level and content area. Go ahead and give video conferencing a try!
- Best Practices and Tips for Synchronous Sessions (PDF)
- Contact an Instructional Designer to discuss your challenges and ideas.
- 4 Elements of an Accessible Meeting Platform (from Partnership on Employment a& Accessible Technology PEAT)
Current host license holders can use Adobe Connect. Unfortunately, no new host licenses are available.
Visit the Digital Learning Canvas Conferences resources tab.
- Accessing your FGCU Zoom Account
- Using Zoom with Canvas FAQ
- Watch a recording of the Zoom Education Webinar.
Short videos to help you get up and running with Zoom: