Fully Online Courses
The Digital Learning Department created a Canvas course template to help faculty build new online courses. The template integrates best practices for online course design and can easily be personalized to meet your specific instructional needs.
- General Course Information Placeholders
- Sixteen Customizable Modules
- Links to Important Student Resources
- Attendance Verification Quiz
- "Set up Canvas Notifications/Preferences" Assignment
- "Introduce Yourself" Discussion Forum
- Muddiest Point Reflection Assignments
- Sample Exam Wrappers
Contact your Instructional Designer to learn more and to import the template.
Templates for Other Course Delivery Options
The Instructional Design team has also developed templates with a collection of content
to import into your Canvas course for various course delivery options. The templates
are available for you to take what you want, change it up, and use it however it fits
These templates can be imported from Canvas Commons.
Preparing to Teach Remotely
- Remote Teaching Module Template
Preparing for HyFlex Teaching
Preparing for Hybrid/Blended Teaching
Contact your Instructional Designer for assistance importing these templates.