The PAGES Program builds bridges between liberal arts students at FGCU and the employer adn professiona community of Southwest Florida.
Community partnerships are a key part of that mission, and we could use your help! Here are some ways you can get involved:
Host an Intern
- PAGES works with the Office of Internships and Cooperative Studies and existing departmental internship courses to help liberal arts students secure internships that utilize their skills in critical thinking, communication, writing and major-specific skills.
- PAGES students have interned at organizations such as the Greater Ft. Myers Chamber of Commerce, Gartner, the State Senate of Florida, the Washington Center, and Beasley Media Group.
- Let us know about internship openings at your organization, and we can publicize them to PAGES students
Share your Career Story and Opportunities
- PAGES works to introduce students to a range of different professional paths that utilize the key liberal arts skills of critical thinking, problem solving, and written and oral communication.
- Our Coffee and Careers series brings Southwest Florida employers and professionals to FGCU to speak with students in a small group setting. Hearing the career story of an established professional really helps students imagine themselves in a similar role. Come share your professional story and introduce students to your line of work!
Judge a PAGES Event
- Some of our PAGES student events are competitions, and we love to bring in local professionals as volunteer judges. Students benefit greatly from your constructive feedback, and having outside judges signals to students that the skills they are developing matter to employers!
- The Performance Task is a role-playing event asking students to respond to a simulated professional problem.
- The Mock Interview Event gives students practice and feedback on their interviewing skills
Schedule a PAGES Talk
- Part of PAGES’ mission is to educate the community about what liberal arts graduates have to offer - and what they’ve already achieved!
- The PAGES team has spoken for audiences including chambers of commerce, speaker series, neighborhood groups and corporate audiences. We would love to speak at your organization!
Fund a PAGES Event or Program
- PAGES benefits from the generous sponsorship of the Seidler family – Thank You Seidlers!
- We have events and program ideas that could benefit from your financial support too!