Your leadership can benefit other students
The CAA selects Student Leaders to help create an environment that supports all students' academic and personal development.
Student Leader positions are crucial to the success of the CAA, so we appoint individuals whose skills, interests and experiences are best suited for them. Review the perks, expectations, duties, benefits, and selection process for each position and then complete the Student Leader Interest Form at the bottom of this page.
If you are selected for an interview, the CAA will reach out to you with further information. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tutor & SI Leader
We select current FGCU students to serve as peer tutors and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders to support many lower-level math and science courses, business courses, and foreign language courses. Tutors and SI Leaders are trained to facilitate students' independent learning, build confident learners and provide support
Peer Academic Coach
Peer Academic Coaches (PACs) provide one-on-one academic skills coaching and personal skill development opportunities for fellow FGCU students. PACs work closely with students to help them develop and achieve goals related to their academic, social, and personal growth at FGCU and beyond. PACs also serve as mentors to students in the SLS 1501 course, providing mentorship and coaching to students who are transitioning into the college environment.
Writing Consultants work in the Center for Academic Achievement Writing Lab to provide academic support to all FGCU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Writing Consultants offer hands-off tutoring to writers at all stages of the writing process, from guiding writers in developing their paper topics to assisting with making revisions and formatting. We work with writers in all majors and at all academic levels. Through this work, Writing Consultants help writing center visitors build their writing knowledge and gain confidence in their writing skills.
The Student Office Assistant in the Center for Academic Achievement the assists with routine administrative office duties and is the first point of contact for students entering the office. This position is an opportunity to hone and develop additional leadership skills and qualities. The CAA provide students at Florida Gulf Coast University the opportunity to soar towards academic success. Our Student Office Assistants are an integral component of our mission and vision.
Perks of working for the CAA as a Student Leader:
- ALL positions can be used as Federal Work Study placements
- Schedules remain consistent week-to-week
- Ability to develop a work schedule that accounts for classes and campus commitments
- Comprehensive job training to prepare you for your position before you begin working solo
- Opportunities to build ongoing mentor relationships with faculty and staff
- Engage in Leadership and growth opportunities that will grow your skills—and resume!
- CRLA Certification: Receive internationally recognized training and certification from the College Reading and Learning Association (available in select positions)
- Diversity & Inclusion Certificate: Attend diversity and inclusivity sessions on a wide variety of topics
- Team Lead Positions: Serve in leadership and mentor positions to your fellow peers
- Student Coordinator Positions: Work directly with staff members to support daily program operations
- Develop peer relationships and build your network of colleagues, references, and mentors
- Learn more about the CAA resources and tools available to you as an FGCU student
- Work on-campus near prime FGCU services—including Starbucks and the Library!