- Submission of a FGCU Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Application to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Submission of a cover letter of introduction and expression of interest.
- A baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent non-U.S. institution. Degrees in mathematics, math education, or a related field are recommended.
- Submission of an official copy of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts. Transcripts must document successful completion of both MAC 2311 (Calculus I) and MAC 2312 (Calculus II), or equivalent courses at another institution with a grade of C or higher. Completion of a course in multivariable Calculus is highly recommended.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours of the baccalaureate degree.
- A minimum Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 79(internet-based test) for an international applicant who is from a country where English is not the primary language.
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Any credits earned in graduate mathematics courses taken at FGCU may be applied to fulfill requirements for the Mathematics Certificate. Requests for transfer of credits are subject to the approval of the Graduate Program Coordinator.
- Up to 100% of the credits earned from courses taken at FGCU towards the Mathematics Certificate can be applied to the Mathematics (M.S.) degree if those courses are core requirements or electives in the Mathematics (M.S.) degree. The same minimum grade requirements by Mathematics (M.S.) degree apply.
- Required Courses (12 credits)
MAA 5201 Introductory Analysis or MAS 5307 Intro Abstract Algebra I (3)
MAA 5228 Modern Analysis I or MAS 5311 Modern Algebra I (3)
MTG 5217 Foundations of Geometry or MHF 5306 Mathematical Logic (3)
MAS 5145 Advanced Linear Algebra (3)
- Restricted Electives (9 credits)
Select 9 credits numbered 5000 or above from the following prefixes: MAA, MAD, MAP, MAS, MAT, MHF, MTG, or STA.
Total Semester Hours Required: 21 Hours