FGCU/SUS Immunization Requirements
The State University System of Florida, which includes FGCU, requires all students born AFTER 12/31/1956 to upload documented vaccine proof or lab immunity (demonstrated through blood titers) to MMRs, Measles (Rubeola) Mumps and Rubella to their Student Health Portal. If born PRIOR to 12/31/56 please call our office at (239)590-1254.
At FGCU we have 3 immunization requirements for all students which need to be turned in before you can register for classes. These requirements are:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), which is a two shot series.
- Meningitis ACWY, if first is given under the age of 16 the student is required to receive another Meningitis ACWY vaccine after their 16th birthday.
- Hepatitis B, which is a three shot series.
At FGCU, although not required, we have some recommended vaccines to keep our Eagles healthy and safe! These recommended vaccines are:
- Meningitis B, which is preferred at 16-18 years old but you can be as young as 10 years old to recieve your first Meningitis B vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines and boosters, both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are two shot series with recommended booster(s).
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis), which is preferred at age 11 or 12 years old but can be administered as young as 7 years old. After receiving it for the first time it is recommended to receive one every 10 years.
- Varicella (chicken pox), which is a two shot series is recommended to be given for the first time when the child is 12-15 months old and the second dose given when the child is 4-6 years old.
- Influenza (annual flu shot), which is recommended to be given every year in the Fall starting when the child is 6 months old.
How to Submit Required Vaccines to the Student Health Portal:
- Login to portal https://fgcu.studenthealthportal.com/ using Eagle email and password.
- Go to My Forms section.
- Select Immunization History for Portal form (if form is not visible, contact us at 239-590-1254 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter UIN (University ID number) at the top of the form.
- Enter all vaccine dates in their appropriate boxes and/or waive/optout options (MMR is state required and CANNOT be opted out of, Meningitis ACWY and Hepatitis B CAN be opted out of).
- Submit proof of vaccines when prompted to upload a file (i.e. immunization record from doctor's office) this CAN be a picture or screenshot of the paper copy your doctor gives you.
- Submit the form (allow 24-72 hours for processing before the hold is removed from the student's Gulfline account).
How to View Holds in Gulfline:
- Sign into Gilfline https://www.fgcu.edu/gulfline/ using Eagle email and password.
- Select the "Student" tab.
- Select the "Student Records" tab.
- Select "View Holds".
- If you do not know what your abbreviated hold means please refer to the holds key https://www.fgcu.edu/academics/advising/holdskey
More Immunization Information
Student Health Services Portal
Our new online portal allows you to upload, update and print immunization documents, through our secure site