We are making an impact on Southwest Florida
We want to connect as your regional University as well as your community partner
Florida Gulf Coast University serves our region as a catalyst for the economy, a rich cultural resource, and a source of life-enhancing research. We actively engage with the community. FGCU serves as a cultural and educational hub for the region, inspiring others through countless art events, enlightening lectures, and continuing-education programs.
Florida Gulf Coast University appreciates your interest in our charitable goals and objectives. At Florida Gulf Coast University, we are actively involved in supporting the communities where we live, work, and raise our families with a goal of helping our communities succeed. We support charitable efforts through sponsorships and community partnerships.
All requests are reviewed by University Relations and Advancement on a quarterly basis and should align with our charitable focus areas.
Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified governmental agencies, including public school systems. Organizations must have broad community support and address specific community needs and demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability.
- The organization should be a Southwest Florida community-based organization with a 501(c)(3) federal designation or an organization that is being provided fiscal agent oversight by an established community-based organization with such designations, a school or government agency.
- The program for which you seek funding fits within the priorities of Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Services/support offered by your organization is available to residents of greater Southwest Florida, preface for the five-county region: Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades.
- Funded organizations must submit an Outcome Status Report describing progress toward project goals and outcomes achieved. Submissions are due within 90 days of event.
Please note that Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation is unable to consider sponsorships for the following:
- Financing for the sole purpose of organizational debt relief
- Political action committees, causes, or candidates
- Programs or projects benefitting a specific individual
Priority is given to efforts that demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Address significant and emergent needs within our community.
- Improve the educational opportunities and outcomes of the individuals and communities we serve.
- Demonstrate partnership building and collaboration.
Timeline for Application Review
Florida Gulf Coast University welcomes requests for partnership at any time. Decisions are awarded according to the following timeline:
|SUBMIT REQUEST BY:
|Fall – September 1 – December 31
|Spring - January 1 - April 30
|Summer – May 1 – August 31
Please fill out the following information to request a sponsorship.
We will contact you within two weeks to acknowledge receiving your request. A University Relations team member will be assigned to your sponsorship request and may contact you with specific questions or additional information. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.