Admission Criteria for Application Review
- Completion of a minimum of 4 semesters of high school (student should not have completed sufficient units to qualify for high school graduation, and must apply all credits earned to meeting high school graduation requirements and University criteria for degree completion).
- Be a full time resident of Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, or Lee county.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as substantiated by a recommendation from the high school counselor.
- Completed ACE online application and associated forms by the published deadline.
- Approval of parent or guardian.
- Attendance at one (1) Public Information Meeting during the application cycle for which you are applying.
- Approval of the Director of the Accelerated Collegiate Experience and the ACE Admission Review Committee.
- Attain minimum high school GPAs and standardized test scores by the published application deadline:
|GPA (WEIGHTED)||GPA (UNWEIGHTED)||SAT||ACT|
|3.70*||3.00*||1140+ Total Score AND:||23+ Composite Score AND:|
|500+ Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section score||20+ English sub-test score|
|500+ Math section score||20+ Reading sub-test score|
|24+ Math sub-test score||20+ Math sub-test score|
|25+ Writing and Language sub-test score|
|24+ Reading sub-test score|
*Per state statute, homeschool students are exempt from the GPA requirement. Contact the ACE Director if you have additional questions.
How to Apply
The 2021-2022 application will open January 4, 2021
Prior to completing the application steps below, a student should first:
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility
- Attend an ACE Public Information Meeting (see dates below on calendar)
- Note: the last opportunities to take the ACT or SAT for the 2021-2022 application cycle are February 6 (ACT) and March 13 (SAT). We recommend that you test early in case a re-take is needed prior to the application deadline.
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meetings are open to prospective students and parents. When possible, current and former ACE students are present to provide their perspective. Attendance at one Public Information Meeting is required as part of the application process. RSVP is requested to help us anticipate attendance. Students, please sign-up for the meeting you plan to attend here:
|Fall Information Meetings will be hosted virtually via Zoom. Dates and sign-up link will be posted the first week of October||6:30pm|
|2021-2022 ACE Application Opens||January 4, 2021|
|Classes Begin||January 11, 2021|
|Last day for ACE Students to add/drop a course||January 15, 2021|
|Martin Luther King Holiday Observed (No Classes)||January 18, 2021|
|Spring Break (No Classes)||March 1-6, 2021|
|2020-2021 ACE Application Priority Deadline (completed applications received by this date will be reviewed first)||March 15, 2021|
|2020-2021 ACE Application Final Deadline (all applications must be complete by this date for admission consideration)||March 31, 2021|
|2020-2021 Admission Decision Notifications Sent||May 3, 2021|
|Last day of Classes||May 3, 2021|
|FINALS BEGIN||May 4, 2021|
|FINALS END||May 8, 2021|
|Summer Break (ACE students are not permitted to take summer courses)||May 9, 2021 - August 18, 2021|
Fall 2021 Applicant Timeline
|Fall 2021 ACE Application Opens||January 4, 2021|
|Fall 2021 Priority Application Deadline (completed applications received by this date will be reviewed first)||March 15, 2021|
|Fall 2021 Final Application Deadline (all applications must be complete by this date for admission consideration)||March 31, 2021 @ 11:59pm|
|Fall 2020 ACE Admission Decision Notifications||May 3, 2021|
|Fall 2020 Course Registration for newly admitted students (additional steps must be complete prior to registration)||May 3 - June 18, 2021|
|Required ACE Orientations for newly admitted students||Late July - Early August 2021|
|Classes Begin||Thursday, August 19, 2021|