Admission Criteria for Application Review
- Completion of a minimum of 4 semesters of high school (student should not have completed sufficient units to qualify for high school graduation, and must apply all credits earned to meeting high school graduation requirements and University criteria for degree completion).
- Be a full time resident of Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, or Lee county.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as substantiated by a recommendation from the high school counselor.
- Completed ACE online application and associated forms by the published deadline.
- Approval of parent or guardian.
- Attendance at one (1) Public Information Meeting during the application cycle for which you are applying.
- Approval of the Director, Early College Programs and the ACE Admission Review Committee.
- Attain minimum high school GPAs and standardized test scores by the published application deadline:
|GPA (WEIGHTED)||GPA (UNWEIGHTED)||SAT||ACT|
|3.70*||3.00*||1140+ Total Score AND:||23+ Composite Score AND:|
|500+ Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section score||20+ English sub-test score|
|500+ Math section score||20+ Reading sub-test score|
|20+ Math sub-test score|
*Per state statute, homeschool students are exempt from the GPA requirement. Contact the ACE Director if you have additional questions.
How to Apply
The 2023-2024 application and supplemental items are due by 11:59pm on March 31, 2023
Prior to completing the application steps below, a student should first:
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility
- Attend an ACE Public Information Meeting (see dates below on calendar)
- Note: the last opportunities to take the ACT or SAT for the 2023-2024 application
cycle are March 11 (SAT) and April 15 (ACT). We recommend that you test early in case
a re-take is needed prior to the application deadline.
- Note about the April 15 ACT: official scores must be received by FGCU by May 3, 2023 in order to consider your application. Applicants relying on the April 15 test scores will be considered last in our admission process and it is possible that our available spots will fill prior to reviewing your application. Admission decision letters will be delayed for applicants taking the April ACT.
Step One: Create an FGCU AccountToggle More Info
Step Two: Start an Application & Complete EssaysToggle More Info
Step Three: Submit Supplemental FormsToggle More Info
Step Four: Submit Official Test Scores and TranscriptsToggle More Info
Upcoming Events & Calendar
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meetings are open to prospective students and parents. When possible, current and former ACE students are present to provide their perspective. Attendance at one Public Information Meeting is required as part of the application process. RSVP is requested to help us anticipate attendance.
Students, please sign-up for the meeting you plan to attend here:
|Thursday, March 16, 2023||6:30pm||Marieb Hall, Room 100||Garage 4|
Fall 2023 Applicant Timeline
|Fall 2023 ACE Application Opens||January 9, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Priority Application Deadline (completed applications received by this date will be reviewed first)||March 15, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Final Application Deadline (all applications must be complete by this date for admission consideration)||March 31, 2023 @ 11:59pm|
|Fall 2023 ACE Admission Decision Notifications (sent via e-mail provided on student application)||May 3, 2023 after 2:00pm|
|Fall 2023 ACE Admissions Decision Notifications for students relying on the April 15 ACT (sent via e-mail provided on student application)||May 5, 2023 after 2:00pm|
|Required New Admit Meetings for admitted students (Must attend one - Times and sign-up will be provided in admission notification)||May 5, May 8, May 10, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Course Registration for newly admitted students (additional steps must be complete prior to registration)||May 10 - June 16, 2023|
|Required ACE Orientations for newly admitted students and one parent/guardian||Late July - Early August 2023|
|Classes Begin||Monday, August 14, 2023|