We are a group of undergraduate students who are trained as Peer Educators on various topics related to student health. Peer Educators share health and wellness information with other students in fun and engaging ways.
We recruit every year!
Applications open the beginning of every February and close at the end of the month.
Please consider adding your name to the Peers CARE Interest Form to have the application sent to you when it opens.
Peers CARE Interest form
Peer Educators present programs to fellow students on information related to alcohol, drugs, stress, and nutrition (to name a few!). In addition to programming, Peers participate in various campus events and projects such as Cash Cab, Healthy Hump Day, and Puppypalooza!
Who are Peer Educators?
- Individuals who are committed to sharing knowledge with their peers
- Individuals who creatively and engagingly inform their peers of their knowledge
- Peer Educators are NOT counseling professionals
- They allow for their peers to take their knowledge to make better informed decisions
- They are open-minded and accepting of differences
- Peer Educators are a referral source for students on campus
To promote a wellness-based lifestyle for all Florida Gulf Coast University students
through education and leadership. Our job is to provide students with information
to they can be informed consumers and have resources as they make decisions about
their health. The education we provide is done in a spirit of advocacy – and in this
case, advocacy means empowering students to use accurate information along with interpersonal
skills to make better choices for themselves.