Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Basic Abilities Test for Individuals who desire to enter a basic recruit training program for law enforcement or corrections.
You must bring acceptable and not-expired forms of primary and secondary ID. Read our Rules and Procedures.
Visit Pearson VUE's General Information page to find out how to request accommodations. The Pearson VUE Accommodations Team will schedule the appointments and make the necessary arrangements.
Visit FDLE Program's Accommodation page for more information.
- The test takes 90 minutes to complete.
- The test's sections are timed.
- Candidates will need to create a Pearson VUE account before being able to register for an exam. The unique client candidate ID will be a nine alpha-numeric field. The prefix will be BAT followed by 6 numeric digits.
Please verify that you have created your web account with your legal name as it appears on your government-issued ID and that your personal information is correct. Contact Pearson VUE immediately to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors. It is very important that this information is correct, as it will appear as it was entered on the documentation provided to you after you have completed the exam.
All FDLE (BAT) exams should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
All payments for exam fees are handled through Pearson VUE.
- Candidates can retake an exam only three times per year. They need to wait until the following year for another retake if they have retaken the exam three times already within the year.
- You may refer to an overview of the exam or the candidate handbook.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement Basic Abilities Test (BAT)
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Research and Assessment Section
P.O. Box 1489
Tallahassee, Florida 32302-1489
Main Number: (850) 410-8602