Save The Date
Thank you to all the employers who attended our Spring 2022 event.
We look forward to seeing everyone again in the Spring of 2023.
U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering Career & Internship Expo!
February 22, 2023
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Jensen
The U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering encourages students to engage in opportunities and experiences outside the classroom.
Internships & Job Opportunities FAQs
U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering
Internships & Job Opportunities
Contact: Megan Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the different between an internship and a part-time position?
When a student completes an academic internship, they receive academic credit for the experience. The companies will be required to complete paperwork from the U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering and help the intern(s) reach the learning outcomes for the course.
Non-academic internships (part-time or full-time positions) do not earn academic credit. These positions are relationships strictly between the student and employer – FGCU is not involved. There is no required paperwork to be completed.
How many hours does a student need to complete for internship credit?
For internships completed with an Engineering degree, students are expected to complete
For internships completed with a Construction Management degree, students are expected to complete 180 hours.
While interning and completing an internship with your company we expect the intern to come out with the following knowledge:
- Integrate theory and practice; and to augment learning from the degree-program’s curriculum.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills pertaining to practical work environments.
- Obtain credible work experience.
- Exhibit evidence of increased content knowledge gained through practical experience.
- Assess the internship experience in terms of personal, educational and career needs.
- Analyze professional ethical decisions based on practical work experience.