Why earn a Micro-Credential/Digital Badge?
Earning a college degree is the best way to gain the core skills and knowledge for a range of careers. But each industry or job type also has specific competencies and the rapid pace of workplace change means professionals will need to keep adding new skills to keep up.
Explore "The Power of And" at FGCU:
Earn a degree from FGCU AND...
Master important skills desired by employers AND...
Stand out amongst your peers AND...
Earn a Micro-Credential/Digital Badge AND...
Easily share all that you have learned AND...
Display your competitive advantage AND...
Secure the job interview AND...
Begin your meaningful career AND...
Return to FGCU for upskilling and reskilling.
Badges connect your education to unique career pathways and help you to keep your skills current for a lifetime. FGCU partners with employers to create quality micro-credentials showing you have mastered the skills most in demand today. FGCU Digital Badges are for students of all majors, as well as FGCU alumni and working professionals of SWFL and beyond.
Why micro-credentials/digital badges?
- Competitive advantage
- Travel the “last mile” between college and a career
- Show employers a more complete picture of your strengths and skills
- Tell your story effectively in job interviews
- Get recognition for in-demand core skills
- Learn competencies specific to different employers and fields
- Explore industries and jobs that might be right for you
- Keep up with new workplace technologies, practices and trends
- Gain the skills to change roles or pivot to a new career
FGCU Badges of Distinction
FGCU is a leader in sustainability and entrepreneurship. Tap into our strengths with these innovative badges!
Coming Soon: Sustainability Professional
Interested in FGCU Digital Badges?